Neil & Judy Weintraub in honor of the birth of their new grandson, Yosef Shmuel Stein, son of Deena & Avi Stein of Chicago. The baby is named after Grandpa Joe Lefton.
& by Abe Redlich in memory of family members who perished in the holocaust.
SATURDAY, MAY 3rd - FRIDAY, MAY 9th, 2008 - SHABBOS KEDOSHIM
Friday, May 2
Candle lighting 7:37 pm
Mincha / Ma’ariv 7:00 pm
Saturday, May 3
Hashkama 7:30 am
Chumash Shiur 8:00 am
Shacharit 9:00 am
Sof Zman Kri’at Shema 9:30 am
Shiur 6:30 pm
Mincha 7:30 pm
Shabbat Ends 8:38 pm
Significance of the State of
Rosh Chodesh Iyar: Monday/Tuesday, May 5/6
Yom HaZikaron , Wednesday, May 7
Yom Ha’Atzma’ut Observed, Thursday, May 8
Sunday 8:00 am
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 6:30 am
Wednesday & Friday 6:40 am
Mincha & Ma’ariv 7:40 pm
Evening Shema after 8:38 pm
Kiddush: sponsors invited
Seudah Shlishit sponsors:
Dr. and Mrs. Jacob Sukhodolsky in commemoration of the third yahrzeit of Natalie’s mother, Berta Terno.
Frida Moskowitz and Rabbi & Mrs. Munk in memory of Frida’s husband, Reuven Moskowitz and her mother, Esther Mirel Moskowitz
Neil & Judy Weintraub on the birth of a new grandson, Yosef Shmuel, son of
Deena & Avi Stein of
Adam Ariel for being selected as a semifinalist in the ’08 Presidential
Scholars competition. (Only 560 seniors were chosen out of 2.8 million throughout
· To Elan Ariel and Leah Wachsstock for qualifying as National Merit Scholarship semi-finalists.
the BYHS team, Market Markers, who placed second in the St. Louis Regional
Competition of the Missouri Personal Finance Challenge and will travel to the
statewide competition on May 5 in
· Gershon Yitzchak ben Matil Tziril
· Rafael Dovid Grunberger (ben Bracha)
· Ruven Kirshner (ben Tovah Chaya)
· Zev Eliezer (ben Chaya Shaindel)
· Malka bat Chaya
KIDNAPPED CHAYALEI ZAHAL
Gilad ben Aviva (Shallit), Ehud ben Malka (
YOM HA’ATZMAUT CELEBRATION & TEFILLAH CHAGIGIT AT
Wednesday, May 7th, 9:00pm
Please see details below!
Please note that the Rabbi’s Wednesday evening class will NOT be taking place for the next two weeks. Monday evening’s Kohelet class begins this week at 8:30pm.
Tribute to the Teperbergs
Save the date! Sunday, June 29 from 5-8pm.
Farewell Tribute to our Israeli Shlichim, Uria and
Vardit Teperberg, who have instilled a deep love for Israel in many who they
have touched in St. Louis since 2004. Join us at a light dinner and reception
Women's Tehillim Group: Meets at Fiona Kark’s home on 926 Jeanerette from 9:15-10 am. If you cannot participate in person, call (314) 863-2829. The new telephone number for the Tehillim hotline is (314) 995-7119.
Women’s Divison – Tribute cards may be purchased from Matilda Zeffren.
· Volunteers needed anytime between 8AM - 4 PM on Thursday May 8!! Torah MiTzion is creating the first ever joint educational program for hundreds of children of the Jewish day schools on Yom Haatzmaut (May 8) called Yachad 60 at the JCC. A planning meeting for volunteers will take place from 5-6 PM on this Sunday at Young Israel Synagogue. Or call Uria Teperberg (420-8080) for volunteering opportunities.
Eretz Club this Week at Young
· All are welcome to attend a screening of HaMelech Ha'ariyot (The Lion King in Hebrew) at the final TMK Ulpan graduation party at 7:30 PM on May 27, 2008 at Young Israel Synagogue ($5 donation requested for non-Ulpan students).
· The TMK Beit Midrash for Women with Vardit will meet next on May 14th.
· TMK-EHA Drama Club will present another wonderful performance this spring "Brothers-in-Arms", written and directed by Uria Teperberg, produced by Suzanne Sundy, on Jun 11th & 12th ($10 each, maximum $45/family).
YOM HA’ATZMAUT –
Teen Celebration - Sunday, May 4, 5 - 8:30 pm
@ the JCC - Join iTag, Kaleidoscope
Community Celebration, JCC, Wed., May 7th
Community celebration: Wednesday, May 07, 2008, @ the JCC, Millstone Campus, 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
· 5:00 p.m. Dinner for purchase and artist bazaar open for shopping and browsing
· 7:00 p.m. Dance Performance and Musical Entertainment
Cost: Adults $8, in advance, or $10 at the door, Children 12 and under $6. Reservations through the JCC.
“The streets of KaleidoFest come alive with a grand celebration featuring famous Israeli singer Pini Cohen who has been entertaining American and Israeli audiences for over twenty years. Join us for a light dinner and shopping in the artist bazaar before the evening’s entertainment begins.”
Yom Ha’atzmaut Tefillah Chagigit – 9:00pm
Our celebration of Yom Ha’atzmaut continues ‘at home’ at the Young
Please join us at 9:00pm for a special Yom Hazikaron - Yom Ha’atzmaut video presentation and program, including special tefillot as set out by the Israel Chief Rabbinate, followed by music and dancing to celebrate Israel’s 60th birthday with shirah and hoda’ah to the Almighty for bestowing upon us the gift of the State of Israel.
NOTE: The program includes a special flag presentation (“Daglanut”)
by the children of our own
We hope to see you there, and please help us spread the word!
Young Adult Celebration – Thursday May 8th
Community sponsored young adult celebration, JCC on Thursday, May 8th, 7-11pm. Cost: $5. RSVP to www.jewishinstlouis.org/60. See flyer for more info.
SHUL OFFICE & CONTACT INFO
Shul Office Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri. – Closed on Wed.
Deadline for announcements: on Thursday & for Mazel Tovs 10 AM on Friday
Rabbi Shulman’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Rabbi Shulman can also be reached at his home study during hours when the office is closed, at 725-6130.
Young Israel Web-site: www.youngisrael-stl.org
To sponsor a weekly Shul Announcement, email Clare (email@example.com) or call the Shul office (727-1880). Minimum suggested donation is $36.