ותן טל ומטר
3:00-4:00 pm, join Bnei Akiva and the Israeli Scouts for Good Deeds Day--a global day that unites people from 93 countries to do good deeds for the benefit of others and the planet. 2nd through 8th graders will be working at the JCC in the community garden and 9th graders will be meeting at the Food Pantry to help pack food. Free tshirt to all who participate. Come be a part of this global effort!
EMBY seniors are toveling and koshering dishes, $15 per family. All orders must be in by April 2nd for kashering and April 4th, 4:00pm for toveling. To order: contact Danielle Deutsch at 314-609-2702.
Shmurah Matzah pickup from the shul office Sunday, April 2nd: 8:45-9:30am and 7:30-8:00pm.
Torah Prep 8th grade boys will be collecting Shaimos. Drop off your Shaimos at Torah Prep Boys’ School, 609 North & South Rd. Sunday, April 2nd from 12:30-2:00 pm. Cost is: $5 per shopping bag; $10 for medium box or large garbage bag; $15 per large box. For questions please call the Boys School office at 727-3335.
Sha'a Zmanis/Zmanit: 63 minutes
Alos/Alot: 5:23 AM
Earliest Tallis/Tallit: 5:52 AM
Sunrise: 6:45 AM
Latest Sh'ma: 9:55 AM
Chatzos/Chatzot: 1:05 PM
Mincha Gedola: 1:37 PM
Plag Mincha: 6:06 PM
Sunset: 7:25 PM
Tzeis/Tzeit: 8:07 PM
Davening times above are computer-generated and may change. Please see the announcements for the most accurate times.
Schedule of Services
Hashkama: 7:30 AM
Regular minyan: 9:00 AM (daylight savings time)
Tot Shabbat (preschool) and youth groups (grades K-4): 10:30 AM
Erev Shabbos/Shabbat, winter: 5 minutes before candlelighting
Erev Shabbos/Shabbat, summer (daylight savings time): 7:00 PM
Shabbos/Shabbat: 35 minutes before sunset
Sundays and Legal Holidays: 8:00 AM
Mondays and Thursdays: 6:30 AM
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 6:40 AM
20 minutes before sunset
Notes on Davening
- We use the RCA Artscroll Ashekenazi siddur. Our baalei tefilla use either the Sephardic or Ashkenazi havarah, depending on their personal preferences.
- Our minhagim generally follow the Luach Ezras Torah.
- For Shabbos/Shabbat candlelighting times and exact times for mincha, please see the bulletin.
- On days school is not in session (summer and Chol Hamoed) there may be an additional Shacharis/Shacharit Shacharit minyan at 8 am; check the announcements.
- Legal Holidays are New Year's Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and December 25th.
- On weekdays when the Torah is read, Shacharis/Shacharit follows the Monday-Thursday schedule.
- The actual algorithm for weekday mincha is 20 minutes before the earliest sh'kia for that week, rounded up to the next multiple of 5 minutes. The actual algorithm for mincha on erev Shabbos/Shabbat is candlelighting time, rounded down to the previous multiple of 5 minutes.